Our Uniform Committee is proud to introduce “The St Martin’s Wardrobe”. The wardrobe gives students a range of options to suit their individual preferences and needs while still maintaining a uniform look.
A uniform dress code reinforces in students a pride in their own appearance, instills recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community and assists in developing pride in representing their school. Please ensure that your child wears the correct uniform to school each day.
It is essential that all clothing and equipment, including footwear, are clearly labelled, as it is difficult to find owners for unmarked items.
Please note that there is a three year changeover period for uniform changes. Boys have until the 2023 school year before they are required to have moved from grey shorts or pants to navy shorts or pants.
238 Wolseley Place, Thomastown
Ph: 9460 8011
Order online at www.academyuniforms.com.au and use our school’s password: tours
Open Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am-12noon. Orders may also be placed over the phone. All orders are delivered to the school office for distribution during school term.
Second hand uniforms
Second hand uniforms can be purchased through the PFA initiative via completing an online form, please click here.
- Blue school jumper
- Black school shoes
- St Martin’s Jacket (optional)
- Blue legionnaire cap or broad-brimmed hat. COMPULSORY for term 1 and term 4
- Navy blue shorts, navy/red stripe socks with either short-sleeve blue shirt with logo on the pocket or long sleeve blue shirt; or
- Navy blue pants, navy/red stripe socks with either short-sleeve blue shirt with logo on the pocket or long sleeve blue shirt; or
- Navy blue skort, navy/red stripe socks with either short-sleeve blue shirt with logo on the pocket or long sleeve blue shirt; or
- Check blue dress with piping and button up front (term 1 and term 4) and white socks; or
- Tartan tunic (the bib may be removed to make tunic into a skirt) (term 2 and term 3) and white socks.
Please note: Grey shorts or long pants may still be worn by boys for the three-year change over period.
Sunglasses are encouraged from 1st September to 1st May. Sunglasses should be to Australian Standards and appropriate for the school uniform – eg black, navy blue frames.
- Blue school track suit pants or navy blue shorts
- Red and blue polo shirt with St Martin’s emblem
- Blue and red St Martin’s fleece
- Blue and red St Martin’s vest (optional)
- Year 6 only: white polo shirt with St Martin’s emblem & Year 6 Rugby Top
- St Martin’s sport socks or plain white socks. (Logos, brands or colours on the sports socks are not permitted. Must extend over ankle).
Change of Uniform:
As per the uniform policy: where a change of uniform is implemented, there will be a 3 year period for the changeover from the old uniform to the new uniform. During this transition time, children will be allowed to wear the old uniform, new uniform or combinations of both (eg old sports pants with new sports jumper).
For safety reasons, no jewellery may be worn except single stud earrings or sleepers, and watches.
Other than clear nail polish, cosmetics may not be worn at school.
Hair colour is to be natural and the student’s own colour only.
Recommended that long hair is tied back to minimise the risk of transmission of head lice.
A smock of any design or material (a man’s shirt would be suitable; cut off collar, elasticise sleeve ends and neck edge so children can pull it on easily over their heads). This smock is necessary for all children to protect their uniforms during art and craft activities.
Each child is required to have a St Martin’s SCHOOL BAG and a plastic lined LIBRARY BAG.
The best way to start learning about us. We have professionally produced dozens of videos showcasing our amazing school.
Book a School Tour
The best way to meet us! We can show you around our beautiful school and answer any specific questions you have.