English & Literacy
At St. Martin of Tours we:
- Nurture a love of literature through sharing quality books and stories.
- Collaboratively plan and implement a structured and comprehensive literacy program across the entire school with explicit teaching of knowledge and skills in Reading, Writing and Oral Language.
- Integrate literacy where possible in our inquiry units to ensure our experiences are real, hands-on and challenging for our students.
- Use ongoing assessment to inform and plan for individual student needs.
- Believe that growth in literacy is achievable through a whole school approach which ensures all students make progress and achieve success.
- We provide learning and teaching initiatives to meet the individual needs of students.
The Literacy learning of all students is supported by the Library Resource Centre (LRC). Click here to visit the LRC page for more information.