St Martin’s has an in-house School Counsellor available to work with students and their families. The role of the counsellor is to provide pastoral care services and strategies to support the emotional wellbeing of students. At times, students may experience issues and emotions related to:
- - Heightened levels of anxiety
- - Difficulty with anger management
- - Social challenges that include making friends or being extremely shy
- - Distress as a result of trauma. Seasons for Growth is a program that is designed to support children that have experienced trauma through loss or significant change.
- - Behaviour management related to maintaining self control, attention seeking or learning to cooperate
To refer your child for access to the School Counsellor for one to one counselling download the two forms below, complete the details and send the forms to the school office attention to: Jamie Atherton (Student Wellbeing Leader).
To help maintain a strong connection between families and your child's classroom teacher we strongly recommend that you discuss your intentions to submit a referral to our counselling services. This step will ensure that the classroom teacher is up to date with the needs of your child.