Parish Education Board (PEB)
What is the Parish Education Board (PEB)?
The purpose of the Parish Education Board (PEB) is to:
- Act as an advisory body to the Parish Priest and Principal on matters concerning the parish primary school.
- Provide a link between the Parish Priest, Principal, teachers and parishioners in relation to the provisions of Catholic education in the school.
- Promote community development by fostering a strong interrelationship between parish and parish primary school, Catholic secondary colleges and pre-schools.
The PEB provides a structured opportunity for sharing of information, advice and support amongst all relevant parties.
The PEB shall ensure student welfare is considered when taking into account any decision around the educational initiatives, social and emotional needs of the students.
What do the PEB do?
The PEB meet twice a Term, eight times a year. Three of these meetings are focused on open forum / presentations / discussions with the three stakeholders in the school being: students, teachers and parents.
Some of the functions of the PEB include:
- Provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Principal and Parish Priest as requested.
- Act as a forum and parent feedback/input mechanism for discussion on matters concerning education in the school.
- Provide advice on the development and review of school policies with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Provide advice on budget planning and finance-related matters.
- Determine any required uniform changes.
- Work in collaboration with other parish activities.
- Receive feedback from staff, parents and students with regard to their personal experiences of St Martin of Tours Primary school and recommendations for change at the school from their point of view.
How do you get involved?
Parents should express their interest to be involved in the PEB to the Principal or Parish Priest throughout the school year.
At discretion of the Principal and Parish Priest, invitations will be made to interested parents in Term 3 or 4 for the next year to fill vacancies.