English & Literacy
At St. Martin of Tours we:
- nurture a love of literature through sharing quality books and stories
- collaboratively plan and implement a structured and comprehensive literacy program across the entire school with explicit teaching of knowledge and skills in Reading, Writing and Oral Language
- integrate literacy where possible in our inquiry units to ensure our experiences are real, hands on and challenging for our students
- use ongoing assessment to inform and plan for individual student needs
- believe that improvements in literacy are achievable through a whole school approach which ensures all students make progress and achieve success
- we provide learning and teaching initiatives to meet the individual needs of students.
For more information about our English program, please contact our Literacy Leader by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students are supported by the Library Resource Centre (LRC). Click here to visit the LRC page for more information.