Challenging Our Learners
Teacher's differentiate classroom instructions to take into account students strengths, personality and areas for improvement.
Along with this, students are encouraged to live up to the school's motto of 'Non Recuse Laborem' (I do not refuse the task) by challenging themselves in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
Students are also encouraged to:
- join our junior, middle or senior choir
- learn a musical instrument (brass, woodwind, percussion, piano, guitar or violin)
- join our junior or senior band
- join our school chess team
- join the Premiers' Reading Challenge
- try out for our Maths Olympiad team (senior students)
- try out for our Maths Games team (middle students)
- join the Mathematics Trust Competition (middle & senior students)
- participate in the Italian Poetry Competition (Year 6 students)
- participate in various competitions offered during the year in areas such as literacy, art, design and others
- participate in the school's YeoLow reading challenge for Book Week
- try out for our athletics, cross-country, swimming, basketball and other sporting teams who represent our school at tournaments throughout the year
- become a KidsMatter rep for their class
- become a Fire Carrier
- nominate for a position of school student leader (year 6 students)
- actively participate in year level assemblies, school celebrations and other school activities.